Celebrate Diwali by observing the correct rituals and familiarize yourself with the essential Diwali pooja samagri items list. Moreover, Diwali has a deep spiritual significance for millions of people across the world. People start prepping for Diwali before 1 month, clean their house, and indulge into Diwali decorations, make rangolis and whatnot? For Indians, Diwali is not just a mere festival but it’s surely a vibe. Also, one of the most cherished traditions during this festival is the Lakshmi Pooja, a ritual that involves the worship of Goddess Lakshmi, the symbol of wealth, prosperity, and good fortune. So, making a note for Diwali pooja items is necessary. As Diwali illuminates homes and hearts, the Lakshmi Pooja takes centre stage, creating an atmosphere of divine blessings and hope for a brighter future. Lakshmi Puja, a revered ritual, holds profound spiritual and cultural importance. So, let’s get started to uncover the Lakshmi Pooja items list 2023.
Why Do People Perform Lakshmi Pooja?
Goddess Lakshmi, the embodiment of wealth and prosperity, is venerated during this ceremony. Devotees wholeheartedly seek her blessings for financial success, abundance, and overall well-being. Also, Diwali marks the end of the Hindu calendar year. It’s a period of reflection, purification, and preparing for a fresh start. By engaging in this ritual, individuals seek the divine’s grace for a clean slate and the promise of a prosperous new year. Furthermore, Diwali brings families and friends together in a spirit of unity and love. Lakshmi Puja is a collective celebration that reinforces the significance of togetherness, and sharing not just material wealth, but the wealth of love and relationships. So, perform Lakshmi Pooja at home with divine DIY backdrops, rituals, and complete Diwali samagri.
Laxshmi Pooja Items List 2023
Perform your Lakshmi pooja this Diwali 2023 with right rituals. So, get ready to make your Diwali pooja list.
Central to this festive season is the tradition of performing pujas, or religious rituals, to seek divine blessings and usher in prosperity, happiness, and well-being. For a successful and meaningful Diwali Pooja, you need to compile a comprehensive list of essential items, known as ‘Pooja Samagri.’ You carefully select these items to create a sacred atmosphere and pay homage to various deities. In this guide, we will explore the Diwali Pooja Samagri items list, shedding light on the significance of each element in this beautiful and cherished celebration. So, let’s get started with the Lakshmi Pooja items list!
New Murti (Idols) of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi
– Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles.
– Goddess Lakshmi, the deity of wealth.
-Keeping silver coins during pooja brings good luck and wealth.
Bahi-Khata (Account Books)
– This symbolizes the importance of financial accountability and the wish for a prosperous year ahead.
Clothes and Inkpot with Pen
– Offering a red silk cloth to Goddess Lakshmi and a yellow cloth with an inkpot and pen symbolizes reverence for knowledge and learning.
– This provides a sacred seat for the deities, signifying their presence in the home. Moreover, you can also check out the special Diy Diwali Altar decorations to give Goddess Lakshmi and Ganesha a spiritual and divine abode.
Earthen Deepak (Lamp)
– The light of the lamp dispels darkness and symbolizes the triumph of good over evil.
Fresh Earthen Kalash (Pitcher) & Coconut
– The fresh earthen kalash, or pitcher, is a vital component of the Diwali Pooja. People typically fill it with water, grains, and leaves, symbolizing the presence of the divine in the home. The kalash represents abundance and life, invoking blessings for a prosperous and fruitful year ahead. An Earthen Kalash is also one of the integral part of pooja items for Diwali.
Suggested Read: Diwali Pooja Muhrat & Vidhi In 2023
Five Big Earthen Deepak (Lamp)
These five large earthen lamps, or Deepak, are essential in the Diwali Pooja as they represent the victory of light over darkness. Lighting these lamps not only illuminates the physical space but also symbolizes the dispelling of ignorance and the triumph of good over evil. Their warm, flickering glow creates an ambience of positivity and spiritual awakening during the ceremony. Don’t forget the number of diyas for the Lakshmi pooja items list!
Small Earthen Deepak (At Least 25)
In addition to the larger lamps, people place at least 25 small earthen Deepaks around the home during Diwali Pooja. These miniature lamps contribute to the overall brightness of the environment and are significant in adorning the surroundings. Each small lamp radiates a sense of hope, unity, and reverence for the divine. It’s one of the most important Lakshmi pooja items list.
Flowers and Garlands
– Fresh flowers are a gesture of purity and devotion.
Bilva-leaves and Tulsi-leaves – Important Pooja Items For Diwali
Also, Bilva-leaves and Tulsi-leaves, considered sacred in Hindu traditions, are integral to Diwali Pooja and one of the necessary Lakhsmi pooja items list. Bilva-leaves symbolize Lord Shiva, while people revere Tulsi-leaves as an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi. Both leaves signify spiritual purity, and devotees offer them to seek the blessings of the divine.Their presence during the ritual emphasizes the importance of sanctity and devotion in the ceremony.
Naivedhya (Sweets, Fruits, Rice)
– Naivedhya represents an offering of love and gratitude to the deities. It includes an assortment of sweets, fruits, sugarcane, and parched rice. These offerings express appreciation for the blessings of nature and are a way of sharing one’s fortune with the divine. This act of giving reflects the spirit of unity and abundance that Diwali celebrates, and it is a reminder to be thankful for life’s gifts. So, don’t forget to make a list of Diwali pooja items.
Sweet Paan – Diwali Pooja Essentials
– Sweet Paan signifies the sweetening of words and actions in the coming year.
Pen Made of Pomegranate or Bilva Branch
– This represents the importance of knowledge and wisdom in Diwali pooja items.
Duba (Durva Grass) and Pancha Pallav – Diwali Puja Samagri
These elements symbolizes greenery, vitality, and fertility. This is one of the most essential Diwali pooja samagri items list. Moreover, Pancha Pallav includes:
Suggested Read: Top 12 Diwali Decoration Items For A Festive Makeover At Home
Sarvoshadhi (Ten Herbs) & Sapt-Mritika (Mud from Seven Places)
These offerings symbolize healing, protection, and blessings from the divine. This is also one of the essential Diwali samagri. This is also one of the another important Lakshmi pooja items list.
The Sarvoshadhi pooja samagri items list includes:
The Sapt-Mritika Diwali puja samagri items list includes:
- Horse Stable
- Elephant Stable
- Cow Shelter
- Ant Heap
- River confluence
- Royal Palace
Some Additonal Diwali Pooja Items
Chandan (Sandalwood paste or powder)
Camphor (for aarti)
Incense sticks (agarbatti)
Ghee (clarified butter) for the diya
For Haldi (Turmeric)
Akshat (unbroken rice grains)
Kumkum (red vermillion powder)
Camphor (for aarti)
So, do check out these Lakhsmi pooja items list and make note of them. By observing Lakshmi Pooja and offering these items, devotees seek the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi for wealth, health, and prosperity. This ritual is a beautiful reminder of the cultural and spiritual richness of Diwali, fostering hope and positivity for the year ahead. Do, check out and prepare yourself beforehand for the pooja samagri items list.