By now we all have seen the trailer of “Half girlfriend” which is an upcoming Indian romantic comedy based on the novel by the same name. Written by Chetan Bhagat, the word half girlfriend is also coined by him in the novel. Seeing the trailer I wondered what actually the internet thinks about this concept of “Half Girlfriend” and so I searched the best place there is to search for such answers: Google! Sharing with you some of the the hilarious yet interesting things I found.
P.S don’t forget to substitute half-boyfriend in place of half-girlfriend if you’d like 😉
- A girl whom you’re talking to or you have a thing with but she’s not officially your girlfriend — Urban dictionary
- The concept of Half-girlfriend is a figment of boys’ imagination . It is the ambiguity of relationship that exists between the two sexes. Half-girlfriend is a hypothetical notion because many boys believe a girlfriend is the one whom they have sex with. For them, physical intimacy is the declaration that a girl is your’s until then she is yours And this is far, far away from our Indian reality — Anonymous User Quora
- You are not physical with a girl, but everything like hanging, Texting, calling, all goes like girlfriend but no physical contact ! Not ready to accept that “I am your girlfriend”. This is call half girlfriend — A comment on reddit whose link I can’t find anymore.
- You talk to a random office colleague, or ask another to pass the stapler politely and BOOM you are his girlfriend! The guy is already thinking about you in the shower and will send you an innocuous Facebook request soon. — Another Random guy on Quora
- If you believe there’s a chance that the two could end up together, then she is your girlfriend. If however, you know for a fact that you will at some point break up with the girl, then she is your Half-girlfriend. — Random Blog on the internet
- Your left hand can be your half-girlfriend.*wink wink* Remember the most famous dialogue of movie — Pyaar Ka Punchnama the movie
- “Half-Girlfriend, to me, is a unique Indian phenomenon, where boys and girls are not clear about their relationship status with each other. A boy may think he is more than friends with the girl, but the girl is still not his girlfriend. Hence, I thought we needed a term like ‘Half girlfriend’. Because, in India, that is what most men get. — Chetan Bhagat
- “I think the status of half girlfriend, half boyfriend is existent. I have seen a lot of my female friends say, ‘I like him but I don’t want to commit fully’. DOST se zyada, GIRLFRIEND se kam” — Shraddha Kapoor in an interview
- People, especially an introvert who cannot speak publicly, build an imagination of the people whom they want to talk in real life then that imagination is his half-girlfriend. — Rishika, I am the author of this post!
- A person for whom you plan cute surprises like balloon decorations, candlelight dinners etc but he / she has still not accepted you as your soulmate and just likes to spend time with you but not ready to commit anything.
Well, Half-Girlfriend or Full it doesn’t really matter. If you like someone you should spend time with him / her and we have some of the best experiences in Delhi / NCR, Jaipur for you to hang out together. Visit our website today — CherishX.com